Sunday, June 14, 2015

Vanity Search


While doing my vanity search, I found nothing about myself, not even a picture on google from a former or current social networking site.  I suppose that is because I hardly post pictures or anything on social media.  Though I occasionally use social media, it is not a priority and couldn’t find my profile.  My digital footprint is small, to be honest with you, I don’t feel bad about it.  My “ID” stage with regards to my personal desire to utilize social media is not on par with today’s teens.   I’m rather a private person who likes to personally interact with others in the face to face context. I rather not put every idea or fraction of my life out there for anyone to know or take advantage of.   I have developed in the social media realm which started in 2006 with Myspace, then Facebook, and now Google+.  I use the networking site to interact with old friends and colleagues.  I have also used services such as Skype for college discussions and college instructor dialogue for questions and recommendations for research proposals. I can attribute my small digital footprint to my two newborn sons of 19 months and 6 weeks old, they literally keep my on my toes with diaper changes, bottles, and constant love/affection. I will soon open up a Twitter account which is required for my current college course, perhaps then my digital footprint will grow. Till then, tah tah…

No comments:

Post a Comment